Hot Wheels that intentionally "vary" from the final produced piece are known as variations, and many collectors specialize in them. One of our earliest and most notorious variations, a white Custom Camaro® EP, slipped out to market back in 1968. To recognize the variation craze and pay homage to the original, we offer this HWC Special Edition.
Part of the production process for Hot Wheels is the stage known as the Engineering Pilot, or EP, where a metal version of a new casting is painted a single color to reveal any potential flaws. These are not intended for sale, but rare quantities of the infamous white Custom Camaro® wound up in stores!
This new edition features an opening hood and Neo-Classics Redline wheels. The packaging has been created to look like a rough sketch rather than a finished version, meant to match the feel of this piece which has never been produced with the intention of selling – until now. It may still be hard to get one, so grab it when you can!
- RLC Members (36-hour Priority Window): 11/13/18 at 9 a.m. PT until 11/14/18 at 9 p.m. PT
- HWC Account Holders (if not sold out): 11/15/18 at 9 a.m. PT
Pricing and Purchase Limits:
- Priced at $19.99 plus shipping and processing; customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay an additional shipping charge (we do offer international shipping to some countries; for the list of available countries and more shipping options and information, click here)
- Limit of TWO (2) per RLC Membership
- On 11/15/18, unless sold out, there is a limit of TWO (2) per HWC Account, and RLC Members may purchase their limit of TWO (2) if they did not do so during the Priority Window (purchase limits subject to change after RLC Priority Window)
- Rewards Points for RLC Members (per purchase): 0
- Refunds only, no exchanges
- Features: Opening hood
- Body Color: Ransburg white over hand-polished chrome
- Body Type: ZAMAC
- Wheels: Neo-Classics Redline wheels
- Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis and engine
- Window Color: Light blue-tinted
- Interior Color: Pearl white w/black steering wheel
Packaging and Quantities:
- Packaged on a sketched replica 1968 blister card with an individually numbered sticker and metal collector button
- Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxxx/12,000)
Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.
SKU #: FPN27